Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Delicious Chicken Patties

On Monday, I posted this cool little tip about burger patty molds.  I loved the fact that I didn’t get my hands, my counter or my cutting board dirty (of course, I washed them anyway!).  As promised, here is the recipe for Chicken Patty Burgers courtesy of the great Guy Fieri. 

I must say that I am not a huge fan of chicken or turkey burgers – if not made right, they can be quite dry so I tend to shy away from making them at home.  However, this recipe intrigued me due to all the juicy ingredients included.  I did adjust to my own tastes – for example, I replaced the olives with mushrooms and omitted the artichokes.  I think mushrooms hold moisture better than olives.  And next time, I will add less onions. 

Susie loved the burger (but again, there were too many onions so she ate around it) but even more importantly, it passed the “Hubby Test”.  My husband, I'm sure like many men out there, loves a good and greasy  red meat burger.  He is skeptical anytime I try to go “all healthy” on him.  But, he tried it and loved it so that was good enough for me!  Added bonus: in addition to taste, it’s packed with veggies!

Another tip: I recommend serving with mayo instead of ketchup and mustard.

Enjoy!

Chicken Patties
·         Cook Time:10 min
·         Level: Easy
·         Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients

  • 2 ounces olive oil
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 4 tablespoons diced black olives
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, diced
  • 1/4 cup diced artichoke hearts
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
  • 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
  • 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • Ketchup
  • Mustard
  • Toasted sesame buns
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato

Directions
In a medium saute pan over medium heat add, 1-ounce oil and all raw vegetables and saute until translucent. Remove and cool.
Add veggies to raw chicken and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients and egg. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In same saute pan add remaining 1-ounce olive oil, and cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Serve with ketchup and mustard on toasted sesame buns with lettuce and tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment