Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Roasted Spicy Cauliflower

About 6 years ago, Rob and I went on a "diet" together - I say that tongue in cheek, only because personally, I don't believe in diets.  We like to say we underwent a "lifestyle change".  Hey, it worked for us!  Anyway, I came upon this recipe from the South Beach Cookbook.  Don't let the notion of a dish from a diet cookbook fool you - this is a delicious veggie side dish and my kids LOVE it!  Healthy, light, easy, delicious.  For someone who rarely ate cauliflower, this is now a staple in our house!! 

Also - don't shy away from the word "spicy".  It's really not spicy - but use less red pepper flakes, if you're more on the cautious side.

Roasted Spicy Cauliflower
Recipe by "The South Beach Quick and Easy" Cookbook, pg. 415

1 head of cauliflower, cored and cut into florets (4-6 cups)
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place cauliflower, oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl; toss to combine.  Arrange in a single layer on a heavy-bottomed baking sheet or in a large baking dish.  Roast until softened and golden brown, 25-30 minutes.

 

Enjoy and live with gusto!
Carina

2 comments:

  1. I use a lot of South Beach recipes in my kitchen - whether I'm on South Beach diet or not! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - the South Beach cookbooks are great, aren't they? This cauliflower one is one of my faves, but we also love the Pizza Meat Pie (have you tried that one?) and the Salmon and Creamy Lemon Sauce.

    ReplyDelete