Friday, April 8, 2011

Fried Pickles

It's Friday!  It's Friday!! 

I have a friend who used to celebrate "Fried Fridays" - this meant that if she ate healthy all week long, she would reward herself with something utterly and sinfully delicious and of course, fried.  While I am not disciplined enough to do it (after all, I'm an ice cream addict), I love the idea of "Fried Fridays".  So - here is my little contribution to that concept :-)  I tried these for the first time last summer while travelling cross country, and I fell in love with this appetizer.  It may completely yuck some of you out - but trust me, it's delicious!

Also - there is still time to enter and win the groovy Stella and Dot necklace!  It's my latest favorite thing!  Click here to leave a comment under my "Giveaway" post  The winner will be drawn on Sunday and announced on Monday!! 

Fried Pickles
Recipe courtesy of Food Network
Recipe adapted by Kitchen Groovy

Ingredients:
3/4 C cornstarch, separated
1 egg
3/4 C milk
1/2 C cornmeal
pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
canola oil

Directions:
In three different bowls, place the following:
Bowl 1: Place 1/4 C cornstarch
Bowl 2: Beat 1 egg, 3/4 C milk, and a pinch of cayenne pepper
Bowl 3: Mix 1/2 C cornstarch, 1/2 C cornmeal, 2 tsp. paprika, salt and pepper

Dip pickles in each bowl starting with Bowl 1.  Fry in 2" of 375 degrees canola oil until golden, about 3 minutes.  Drain on paper towels and serve with ranch dressing.


Please click here for a printable version of this recipe - Kitchen Groovy

Enjoy and live with gusto!
Carina

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I can't believe I'm seeing this! I saw fried pickles on a menu in the fall and am sorry I didn't order them because ever since I've been hearing great things about them. Thanks for sharing, I must try!!! Happy Fried Friday! Oh, I posted your award on my last post with the chicken an asparagus - thanks again so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, how fun to hear that you are from EP! We live in Shakopee and my husband grew up in EP. How fun! Soooo excited to get to know you!! I love the idea of fried Fridays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried pickles are one of my favorite things EVER! My stomach is growling just looking at these little beauties! I've never made them myself just had them at restaurants but these look delish!

    ReplyDelete