Monday, April 11, 2011

BLT Salad AND Winner Announced!!

It's the start of a brand new week!  The grass is "greening" up and spring is finally here! 

Those are just a couple of reasons why I decided to make a BLT salad :-)  My hubby loves iceberg lettuce.  I'm not a fan at all - I prefer spinach over iceberg any day of the week.  However, we agree that I'll eat iceberg and he'll eat spinach as long as both are set on the table every now and then.

I saw a recipe in my brand spanking new Food Network magazine that came last week, and I had to give her a try.  However, the recipe in the magazine looked delicious, there was more prep involved so I decided to just make a super simplified recipe of my own.  You really can't go wrong with this one!

BLT Salad Wedges
Recipe by Kitchen Groovy

1 head of iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 C grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 bottle Ranch dressing

Set lettuce on a plate and assemble - it really doesn't get any easier that that!!





Now, isn't that a refreshing and pretty salad??!!  Even for someone like me who doesn't fully appreciate iceberg lettuce, that is something I can get behind!!  And, my kids liked eating it with their hands (as if it was a tortilla chip). 

Please click here for a printable version of this recipe - Kitchen Groovy

Now - onto important matters!!  The winner of my latest Favorite Thing is . . .

Lizzy!!!  Congratulations to you! 

And thank you to all who left comments, became followers, shared it with friends - and frankly, for just reading my blog each day which gives me so much encouragement to keep writing and sharing!  You guys are the bestest!!

It so happens to be that Lizzy is also the author of a wonderful blog - That Skinny Chick Can Bake!  You should definitely check out her website, too :-) 

Lizzy - please send me your address so you can receive your jewels ASAP!! 

Also, a HUGE thank you to Jennifer Allen from Stella and Dot who is graciously supplying this absolutely beautiful necklace.  I encourage you to check out her website so that you can also shop for a necklace just like it - OR find something that you absolutely cannot live without!  Remember, Mother's Day is right around the corner and this is the PERFECT place to shop!  Really, you don't have to leave the comfort of your own couch to shop!!!  Click here to visit her fabulous website!

Have a fantastic day and as always - enjoy and live with gusto!!
Carina

5 comments:

  1. these look yummy! and i like that they can have a pretty presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your BLT salads look delicious! I might make them this weekend for a birthday meal I'm preparing.

    (And thank goodness Spring has finally arrived!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carina!!! My beautiful necklace arrived today! Thank you SO much~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salads are must for a helthy life. We all should eat salad to make our skin glow and helthy.

    ReplyDelete